One of the most common questions we get from clients at The CryoBar is “How often should I be doing cryotherapy?” It’s entirely dependent on what issues you are experiencing and what your long-term goals are with cryotherapy. One thing we can say for sure – consistency is key!
Whole Body Cryotherapy is a recovery technique that was invented by a Japanese doctor to naturally decrease inflammation throughout the body. While inflammation is integral to the healing process, too much inflammation creates stress on the body and is detrimental to overall health.
Ideally, we recommend new clients come three to five times per week for two weeks to put your body into the “cryo-state.” This is the state in which your body will feel the maximum benefits of cryotherapy because the effects are cumulative – it builds on itself! Just like working out, the more you do, the better you feel!
While a single session will provide some immediate relief, consistent Whole Body Cryotherapy sessions keep your body experiencing the full effects of cryotherapy – the cryo-state. We’ve created the following maintenance guide to help you match your cryotherapy schedule to your overall health and wellness goals:
- General Health and Wellness: 2-5 sessions per week, continual basis.
- Arthritis: 3-5 sessions per week, minimum two months.
- Chronic Pain and Inflammation: 2-5 sessions per week.
- Weight Loss: 3-5 sessions per week, combined with diet and exercise.
- Improved Circulation: 2-3 sessions per week.
- Athletic Recovery: 1-2 sessions per week in combination with sports training regimens.
- Improved Mood: 1 session, additional sessions as needed.
- Improved Energy: 2-3 times per week, continual basis.
- Improved Sleep Quality: 2-3 sessions per week, continual basis.
- Post-Surgery Recovery: 3 times per week for three to six weeks. Localized Cryotherapy in addition to or for those with Whole Body Cryotherapy contraindications.
- Beauty and Anti-Aging Benefits: 2-4 times per week for at least two months. Once a week for regular maintenance, depending on age. This is for both whole body cryotherapy and the CryoToning Facial.
- Fibromyalgia & Psoriasis: 3-4 times per week, minimum two months.
- Migraines and Headaches: 1 session for immediate relief during a migraine attack, 2 sessions per week maintenance. See CryoToning Facial for additional migraine and headache relief.
All recommendations based off an initial two-week JumpStart program.
Cryotherapy is safe to do daily. and is for everyone, not just celebrities and professional athletes. Our JumpStart Package is a great starting point for clients that are interested in the restorative powers of cryotherapy.
A huge part of our mission at The CryoBar is educating our community on all of the amazing benefits of cryotherapy while creating an inclusive space for better overall health. As a local, female-owned, small business, we strive to create a familiar atmosphere for you and want to help you figure out the best plan of action for your wellness and recovery journey.